A really easy Halloween recipe for delicious (and actually rather healthy) fruit tarts with a spooky twist.
Ingredients (makes 12):
- 250g jarred balled pears or lychees
- 1 tube of Smarties or similar colourful chocolate circles
- 1 food-safe black cake decorating pen
- 200g raspberries
- Sugar to taste
- 12 small cooked pie cakes or flan bases
- Using the food pen, draw black pupils on the Smarties. These will be the irises.
- With a knife or (if your kids are helping) spoon, gouge a Smartie-sized hole in the top of each pear ball/lychee
- Push the raspberries through a sieve to extract the juice. Add sugar (and a little of the pear or lychee juice) to taste.
- Put the pear balls/lychees in the pie cases
- Put one Smartie in each to make eyeballs
- Spoon the raspberry coulis into the space between the eyeballs.